I am a coffee lover. I love the smell, the taste and that jolt of energy that I know I get, but hardly notice anymore unless I DON”T get my coffee.
I got to thinking about my coffee consumption after reading this article today http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/03/health/upwave-caffeine-overdose/
You can overdose on Caffeine!
A few years ago my daily Starbucks trip had increased from one time a day to two times a day. I know… almost $10 a day at Starbucks is ridiculous and might be considered a problem. I decided I had to take action, this was breaking the bank. Did I stop drinking espresso drinks? No, but I did invest in my own espresso machine and at the rate I was hitting up Starbucks, it paid for itself in 3 months.
While the money savings were great with the espresso machine at home, I found that I was drinking even more espresso than I had been when I was going to Starbucks. With that extra coffee came some evening headaches, tingly feeling and agitation. While I hadn’t hit overdose, I was obviously overdoing it. I followed the rules and cut back and felt much better for it.